AGHHH! I just wrote an entire post and accidentally hit something and deleted it! Darnit!
Anyway, I will try to reconstruct :)
This isn’t dream related, but, this is my last day before vacation, so it’s just for fun.
I’ve been nominated for the Leibster awards by http://sanantonioseoul.com/, If you’re not sure what this is, it’s a kind nod from a fellow blogger. She has asked me 11 questions, which I will answer for you all below. I’m supposed to think of 11 new questions to ask 11 other bloggers, but since I’m not sure that I actually know 11 other bloggers, I’m nominating YOU! So please, if you have a blog, let me know in the comments that you will be answering these questions, I’d love to see what you answer! Here are the questions I was asked:
- Favorite make-up brand (can be drugstore or high-end)?
Too Faced. I know it’s a bit over priced, but the palettes. I can’t stop buying them.
- How would you describe your fashion style?
Classic and feminine. I like to look nice and put together, although that doesn’t always happen. Today I’m wearing grey pinstriped dress pants, a pink lace top, and rose gold jewelry. Hang on I will take a selfie:
- Favorite shop for clothes?
I’m not too fancy. Going to go with the Gap.
- Which takes more focus in your beauty routine: skincare or make up?
Probably equal. I follow the Korean routine of double cleanse, toner, essence, ampoule, serum, cream, mask, ect. But I LOVE makeup. Here’s my makeup table:
- If you could have any career in the world, what would that be?
Hypnotist! After my husband finishes his training to become an acupuncturist (in 2016), it will be my turn to learn hypnotherapy. Can’t wait.
- What is your favorite song of all time?
Come Pick Me Up- Ryan Adams. AND Every thing from the album “O”- Damien Rice
- One place in the world you want to visit?
Ireland. It’s always Ireland. I spent 2 months there after graduating Uni, and my husband and I spent our Honeymoon on the Emerald Isle. I love that country deeply. I even subscribe to a monthly box of handmade crafts from Ireland.
- Favorite meal?
Hands down: Chicken Barbie on a pita with no onions, no tomatoes, Darrell fries and a side of Cajun Mayo. From Darrell’s in Halifax, NS.
- Favorite television series?
Nashville. I’m addicted. Come on Reacon/Dayna. I need this to happen.
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
Opening and happily working in a successful Wellness Centre.
- 3 Celebrity crushes?
1. Sam Heughan. I mean, look at this beautiful Scottish Lad:
2. Charles Esten. Sigh. Deacon. My perfect man. Ohhh beautiful.
3, Colin Firth. This is a long term crush. I just love him.
Now, for your questions. Don’t forget to tell me if you decide to answer them!
1. What is your favourite of the 5 (6) senses?
2. Would you rather be invisible or have the ability to read minds when you want to?
3. In 5 words or less, describe the experience of the first time you fell in love.
4. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
6. If you HAD to go on the Amazing Race (Shudder.. my nightmare), who would you take? Real life people or celebrity.
7. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be? Don’t think about money or jobs, just where would you like to live if the sky was the limit.
8. If there were absolutely no limitations, what would you do to be happy tomorrow?
9. What piece of technology do you feel helps you most in your life? Gadgets? Anything.
10. If you had to eat the same thing for lunch every day forever, what would it be?
11. If you had to dye your hair an unnatural colour (not found in nature!), and keep it that way for a year. What would it be and why?
Guess what? For the first time, I’m welcoming a guest blogger to post a dream. And who better than my very own mom. She told me her dream today, and by the end of it we were both laughing so hard I told her we’d have to write it down and add it to the blog. I’m not even sure what struck us so funny, I think it was the part about the men digging. Here you go folks!
I had just watched a tv show before going to bed, about a family business that they were thinking of expanding and adding other lines of items to sell. So in my dream my husband Jim and I had purchased a retail store in Moncton and were thinking of expanding it. It appeared to be some kind of either sporting goods store, or some manly store.
I was visiting the store for the first time and there were a few things I was interested in. So I carried these items in the top of my purse since I didn’t get a basket or cart. Anyway, one of the staff noticed me and asked it I had paid for my stuff, so I said no, but I will be. Well, he almost burst with excitement that he was catching a thief, so then I explained I was the new owner and it kind of deflated him.
Jim and I were looking over the store and came to this huge area full of sand. There was dry sand and wet clumped sand and I said, what on Earth is this all about?! Jim told me it was a new area, that sometimes men just need to dig! In this area were all kinds of men with shovels, digging in the sand! Some were digging big lumps of wet sand out of deep areas and some were just digging the dry stuff up and then watching it fall from their shovels. Weird. But I guess it was satisfying since that area of the store was the busiest.
Then we went to see how the check out system was working, but there was a big line up so we went around it to the front. The lone cashier was up on a pedestal area and customers were climbing up a few steps to her. I told Jim “Something must be wrong, we’d better check this out!” We walked up to her and she didn’t know how to use the cash register so she was using a little hand calculator and was trying to figure out the totals, taxes and change. It looked like a disaster, but she did get the customers all looked after and then was happy to show us her system.